Thursday, September 11, 2008

A flutter (not a whine) of thought

Here it the interesting thing happening inside my head. The due date is pressing, I am looking at all the additional readingsdue next week (and the next week), and the point breakdown list of things to include in Project #1 feels enormous. I find myself wanting to cut short the webbing and wiggling process and get straight to the bacon. If I were to recline Kuhlthau's couch, I have a feeling she would look down at me through her glasses perched on the end of her nose and mechanically recite, "Of course, dear, you are experience the self doubt of Stage 3, but rest comfortably uncertainty will soon begin to diminish as you enter Stage 4."

The difficult thing about this research project is that the sky was the limit in chosing a topic and a product, but the timeframe is static and the evaluation criteria feels written in stone. I like my topic, and I am enjoying the research process, but I don't like the increased volume of the clicking tock. A fact of life, yes, but it also makes me wonder if natural curiosity and research models really can co-exist.

No comments: