Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Missing W's

I watch and wonder way too much most days. Most of my watching happens in my mind's eye when I am driving, when I am walking, when I am sweeping, when I am reading, and when I am sitting in a meeting that I don't want to be in. This project challenges me to search of a topic that I can freely and excitedly explore. The sky is the limit.

I'm one of those people whose work and life closely overlap. The things I most enjoy doing in my free time are similar to the things my work requires me to do. My main hobby at work and home is thinking up ideas. Some big dreams, some immediate solutions, and some just plain absurdities. Some come to fruition in a day; some simmer for years.

So, here are some things that are in the percolator for this project:
1. How to raise a million dollars for a camp for kids with cancer.
2. How to connect with a movie director whose address I cannot find.
3. How can I get some of my son's graphic designs silk-screened on a t-shirt? (not by a professional)
4. How can I make effective fiberglass and rubber castings?
5. How to design a writing center for my school.
6. How to get podcasting going in grade 9 English.
7. How to incorperate geo-caching into our next family vacation.
8. How to create a grocery list and spread sheet for highly rated recipes (rated by my family).
9. What do t-shirt designs at Threadless.com have in common.
10. What types of simulations would be good to use with Model United Nations.
11. What good is text messaging.
12. Gourd history, growing, and crafting.
13. Getting 10,000 color changing orbs to fill and light a lake.
14. NYC oddities to share with teenagers on a trip.
15. Alternative schools
16. Kurt Hahn
17. Pie crust

No comments: